Monitor doesnt display anything

sssupply

Beta member
Hey guys, i'm new to the forums and looking for a little help with my computer. I recently upgraded it to vista from xp and when i installed new drivers for my graphics card it caused my monitor to say unsupportable and i couldnt see my display. I could see the boot up for my computer and i could go into safe mode but if i went into regular mode the display would go away. I tryed to fix this by going into setup and messing with the controls but i ended up screwing my monitor up even more and now it doesnt get a signal from the computer at all so can someone please help me!

It sounds like you set your resolution to something your monitor can't handle. Go back into safe mode and set your desktop to 800x600, save it and then boot into Vista. You should then be able to see Vista and then set the resolution to one the monitor natively supports.

i cant even get to safemode anymore because when i start my computer up it just says no signal now
I screwed something up in my setup when i rebooted and thats why i get no signal. Is there anyway of making it go back to default settings?

You'll need to clear the CMOS. There should be a jumper located on the motherboard (check the manual). You can also simply unplug the comp and remove the battery for a minute or so.

Thanks! This worked to solve my problem with the "no signal" error but now i face the "unsupported" error when i go into regular mode. I can run it in safe mode though.

Back
Top Bottom