Monitor Calibration

Just tried changing the resolution. The same problems persist even when I make the resolution higher or lower.

I had this same brand of video card running absolutely error-free in my computer for almost a year, until a few weeks ago, when instead of the screen saver turning on, the entire monitor turned white and was unable to return to any other screen. I re-started the computer, and this time nothing was shown on the monitor, even though the computer was on.

Through testing with other video cards and monitors, and calling tech support, I found that the problem was the video card. I sent away for a replacement, and today it came. Upon installing the new video card from NVidia, I started having these problems.

Oh, and I forgot to add, in the meantime, while I waited for the replacement card, I had the original one installed in my computer. When that one was in, it was running without problems as well.

The thing is though, that image looks fine on my LCD screen, with no problems your saying about.

So it must in some way be your screen.

Are you sure all the plugs in the back are fitted right? Try re-fitting them at the back of the monitor, and also in the video card slot, making sure there tightly fitted :)

Oops.. Just read your first post.

Throughout the day I re-fitted the card a couple of times and every time I had this problem. The main problem is that when viewing websites (and other things with a lot of text) the screen appears too purple-y. Also, I don't want to say it's bright, because the brightness is actually set quite low, but it's very straining on the eyes at the current settings.

Yeah, I'm afraid it looks like your CRT :(

You say the other monitor worked?
It may seem the other one just needed a bit of correction in its own part, and wasn't a fault with the system.

The one your using now on the other hand looks like its its own fault.

If you can though, and its detachable, try switching the cables round, so that the other monitor uses this ones RGB cables, and vice versa to test if its not just the cable thats packed up, and only sending certain colours through, etc.

Though, I think your monitors starting to pack it in :(

I hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot everyone for your help so far.

I tried the following combinations today. I couldn't detach the RGB cable.
17" Monitor - NVidia card - Display is wacko
19" Monitor - NVidia card - Display is slightly less wacko, but it could be my imagination
17" Monitor - Factory card - Display is fine
19" Monitor - Factory card - Display is fine

So I'm guessing the problem is the new NVidia card I was sent. But that's just it, it's a brand new card I was sent as a replacement for my defunct NVidia card.

Does this kind of thing happen?

Yeah, I suppose that is the best thing to do.

george_costanza.jpg

NVidia!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom