Monitor Calibration

danby1

Solid State Member
Hi,

I just re-installed my video card into my computer, but upon restart all the colours, contrast, brightness, size, etc., were all wrong. The size and position were easy to fix, but the colours, brightness and contrast (and possibly other factors) are still not right.

I searched online, but didn't find anything to help me calibrate my monitor correctly. Also, I use my computer for video games and MS-Office related activities.

Anyway, are there any tutorials or free softwares that will allow me to fix the display on my monitor?

Thanks,

I did that too. I uninstalled the previous drivers, put in the new card, and then installed the new drivers too and it was still this way.

I have a 256 AGP NVidia G-Force (FX5500) video card.

I've tried using Adobe Gamma to fix the settings on the monitor, but after using it the display is so bad I can barely look at the monitor for a few seconds without feeling discomfort.

Try this..
colorcorrection5uc.png

Thanks a lot for the help. So in the colour correction I'm going for a Y=X line?

Post colour correction screenshot...
54_193_3391.jpg

Well it doesn't look as bad in this shot, I guess, but it it's still not great. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but the picture seems much better when I hook it up to another monitor. The brightness and contrast issues seem fine, though there are minor colour issues still.

Anyway, is it possible for monitors to 'go bad'? Because I don't know why else it would be like this.

Yeah, have you tried that?

Also, after installing a new card, you shouldn't have any issues at all with colour, etc. It should be resoloution or nothing, so I'd check out that monitor with another system.

It just happened over night with my CRT. A yellow tinge started appearing, and it steadily got worse.

Because what gets me, since thats an image you posted that won't be viewed the same way as your viewing it (its coming from your computer, not the screen), it looks apsolutely fine on my screen, with no colour/tinge problems what so ever.

I advise you also change your wall paper though to make a more accurate assumption.

Back
Top Bottom