Which monitor?

Well like spank_fusion said, it depend what you are going to be using it for. The Viewsonic will be a much better gaming LCD monitor, while the ViewEra will be better for general useage (i.e. internet browsing, word processing).

The Viewsonic does have a VERY fast response time for an LCD and so would make a great monitor for gaming (especially first person shooters). My advice would be to get the Viewsonic, much better all round monitor, and 17" is still fine for gaming and general useage.

i have a viewsonic 19 inch lcd, (vx900) it was for 800 so you can imagine how good it is. but some of the things that you want to look for in a monitor is the contrast ratio, the black level, text resolution. my ratio is 900:1 and i think thats pretty good. these are just a few things, and id highly recommend waiting untill you have the money to get a good monitor, these lcds are not much better than your old crt. this is what i did i waited untill i had the money to get the good lcd. in my opinion you will regret getting these lcds when playing games or anything, i mean why spend soooo much money on graphics, and games, and a gaming computer when you have to watch it on a crappy screen.

just my two cents.

Despite the good specs on the ViewEra, I would still pick the ViewSonic monitor even if you have to get a smaller 17" monitor. Fast response time=good for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom