Modem

Dynamix

Fully Optimized
Hi
As i recently rescued a old pc of mine i wanted to get it onto the interet i tried to install the modem on it and it asked me to insert the windows 98 disk what is the problem here i think maybe a few dll files are missing wat should i do BTW the comp has windoze 98

Pick up a hammer, smash your pc. Done this with my Gfs old system, wouldnt even install a webcam :p

Nemesis said:
Hi
As i recently rescued a old pc of mine i wanted to get it onto the interet i tried to install the modem on it and it asked me to insert the windows 98 disk what is the problem here i think maybe a few dll files are missing wat should i do BTW the comp has windoze 98
So did you insert the W98 disk ? you didn't say so.
You don't install modems,you get a ISP and they do it.
Did you think a modem was all you needed for the Internet ?
Just what where you asking ?
Do you really think haveing a modem will get you online.?
How did you post this ? What server do you pay by the month

Hi
Wat it is i wanna connect my other comp to the internet cos i havent got a router yet i am on Broadband from BT and i pay £29.99 a month does that satisfy you Bluto, also i did insert the win 98 disk it didnt do anything.

Nemesis said:
Hi
Wat it is i wanna connect my other comp to the internet cos i havent got a router yet i am on Broadband from BT and i pay £29.99 a month does that satisfy you Bluto, also i did insert the win 98 disk it didnt do anything.
No and your lucky i hang loose.You owe me.
but it gives me a better way to see this.
A modem is not a router.
A router is a router.2 pc's 1 server.I have spoken to my locals on this.
Useing 1 at a time of course.
But i would think both machines need the same device that BT put on the one that works.
;)

Back
Top Bottom