Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-26-2005, 03:23 AM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to amanat69
Default Mobo, processor and RAM help.

Hi,

I am going to buy a new processor because at present i have a 2.93GHz Pentium 4 @ 1mb L2 Cache. My processor is po0. I'm going to go for the 3200+ I think. It's cheap and reviews tell me that it's very very good. I also hear that the 3200+ won't bottleneck my Nvidia 6800GT graphics card. Nonetheless, I was looking at memory and motherboards and came across a slight problem. I saw a top end motherboard with SLI and all the rest. But when choosing memory I noticed you could get high end memory that is pc4800 instead of standard pc3200. I know that this runs faster, etc. But how do I know which motherboard is compatible with 'new generation' RAM and AMD 64's. I would really appreciate if someone could advise me on the whole topic and tell me what I should do. I wouldn't mind someone showing me which mobo I should buy. At the moment, I haven't got the cash for high end memory, I just want to know what's compatible. I have about 300 and I'm getting the 3200+ for 110. This leaves me with 190 on the mobo. But I basically have 300 for a mobo and a processor if ya get me

Many thanks,

Amanat Takhar

P.S. Yes I am a PC gamer and I use word processing, please don't start on the AMD vs. Intel. I understand that AMD is better . *I'm not rude* tee hee. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED

amanat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:27 AM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to amanat69
Default Re: Mobo, processor and RAM help.

Oh ya! I forgot. I might have to buy a new windows disc as well. I might do a fresh start and get rid of the pre built installed crappy po0 version that I got from buying a pre-built packard bell lmao. I can now say I've pushed my budget up to about 325.

Many thanks,

Amanat Takhar
amanat69 is offline   Reply With Quote