MOBO logo hung

SlickRick15

Baseband Member
WEll , i woke up turned my computer on and the mobo logo splash screen just hung there. I restarted and it did the same thing. So i turned it on went upstairs and came back down 8 mins later and windows was fully booted. This is a brand new computer High-end and ive owned it for about 3 weeks now. I want to know a few programs to test if everything is ok. any particular reason for this?
No problems under device manager and specs are as follows:
Mobo: Gigabyte 965P-DS3 Rev 3.3
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor OC to 3.2 GHZ
GPU:EVGA Gforce 8800 GTX 768 MB
RAM: 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 RAM 2.1V PC2 6400 800HMZ
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9700
Antec 900 gaming case
Sound:Logitech Z-5300E with Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE 7.1

Run 2 instances of prime95 on each core. just copy and past the folder to a different location to run the 2nd app. if it stops and says it got an error or your computer reboots. this means your OC is unstable and you need to up the vcore more or lower the FSB. just because the pc boots dosent mean the OC is stable

allow both instances of prime95 to run NON STOP for about 16 hours with NO errors.

first 2 things i would do is download a test tool from the manafucturer of your hardrive and run it.

then next i would take 1 stick of ram out and if pos try diff ram and try all dif configs like 1 Gb in slot then diff slot then diff stick in diff slot and so on.

Well, the western digital tool doesnt work in Vista.btw im running 2xWD 250GB SATA 16Mb Cache drives in RAID 0. If that means anything? so the only thing i can do really is run Prime95 in two instances?

Back
Top Bottom