MOBO Jumpers

Syn7ax 3rror

Banned
Hey, can someone tell me where to find my jumpers on my motherboard and move them? I have a MSi mobo and a HP pavillion. Thanks.

You have an HP with an MSI motherboard inside it? That's generous of HP. If it's an HP PC, double check their website first for documentation regarding your computer. I use to have a Gateway and by checking the site of the maker's PC, they will supply you with detail system specs, pictures, drivers downloads specific to your PC, etc.

But if you know what type of MSI motherboard you have, we'll see if we can look it up for you.

What are the jumper exactley? Im building a new PC soon. Will I need to know about these?

not really. They just help you reset the BIOS and CMOS in case you screw things up tinkering with it. Most of the OC is done software or in the BIOS.

For IDE drives, you'll have to worry about them. Make sure they are set to Primary Master for your hard drive and Secondary Master for the DVD burner.

I dont know, some WD drives can be very picky, or at least with me anyway. whenever I put a WD HD into my comp, I need to set the jumper to cable select, or it messes up my machine. (thats y i dont use WD anyway, I like seagate. WD raptors are my only exception now) but now most mobo jumpers are used to control front panel ports (1394EEE,USB, and audio) depending on what you have it jumped to will tell the board what signal to give out.

Ok I moved the Jumpers and I have two questions. 1. Where are the jumpers on most MOBO's? 2. In the BIOS where do I go to CRANK up my PCU speed?

Back
Top Bottom