MOBO drivers problem

hahah!! that's the same thing as my laptop lol.. i can't download alot of games because of freaking sound.

Hey Dishdog, who makes your motherboard? The drivers audio codecs may be slightly altered from their original state by the manufacturer. My ABIT FATALITY SLi uses a specialized soundcard that is 7.1 hybrid. Tell me your manufacturer, and I will show you the solution. :D

Oky doky. Now, DL the audio driver directly from Intels site, and then tell me when u r done with that. I have to go to work in 7 mins, but I will be back on around 10:15PM EST (GMT -5hrs)

where do i download it? as in what folder.

<edit> the driver won't do anything becasue device manager won't even admit that it's there so i can't put the driver on anything.

DL it to your desktop... LMAO. Then you need to extract the installer and uninstall ANY old audio codecs or drivers u have right now and reinstall it using the direct installer. It is a .ZIP file or .RAR file. U need to extract it, and then install it. Placing the files in the folder does nothing, this isnt Linux we are dealing with, Windows has its icky little registry to deal with, which also has to be updated (the installer will do that for u)

Ok i have no old audio drivers to uninstall. the driver i just downloaded is useless because in device manager there is no audio device to install a driver too.

Back
Top Bottom