This mobo and CPU compatable?..

Yeah, as long as they're both socket 478 they'll work together. Northwood is just the core.

I had a feeling it would work, just wasn't positive. I just need a cheapo system for doing work and having a spare PC for a lan party.. I might also get a 6800GT at a good price to go along with this system.

You would be suprised how good that processor is! OK, ok, it's socket 478, and it is pretty old, however, I have the 2.0Ghz version, OC'd to 2.5Ghz, and I find it a really good CPU.

joxley1990 said:
You would be suprised how good that processor is! OK, ok, it's socket 478, and it is pretty old, however, I have the 2.0Ghz version, OC'd to 2.5Ghz, and I find it a really good CPU.
My dad has the same CPU in his older PC, 2.4ghz. EXACT same model. I know it's a pretty decent cpu, and with some OC'ing, it will make a fine gaming system.
Copperhead said:
just make sure to get a case that supports micro ATX, for that motherboard

And case that supports basic ATX can use Micro ATX. I might get a smaller case built for MATX though.. not sure.

MikeReiner said:
My dad has the same CPU in his older PC, 2.4ghz. EXACT same model. I know it's a pretty decent cpu, and with some OC'ing, it will make a fine gaming system.

Precisely, ok, it's not the best about, but people do under estimate it.

joxley1990 said:
Precisely, ok, it's not the best about, but people do under estimate it.
All the time. I've seen one of 'em oc'd to like 3.3 ghz with some good cooling.. ran cs source really good, almost as good as mine. Fine cpu, just gotta 'persuade' it.. keke.

Back
Top Bottom