mobo and cpu combo question

Pentium Dual cores are far from obsolete right now, many people have them, they're cheap, overclock like crazy and they run relatively cool considering that they're sometimes OCed to almost twice their rated speed, also, if he gets an Intel based combo, the memory speed won't matter as much as it will probably be bottlenecked by his FSB anyway, 667MHz RAM (1333MHz FSB) is plenty fast enough with an Intel based system, my 800MHz RAM is downclocked to 667MHz right now as we speak...

Pentium Dual cores are far from obsolete right now, many people have them, they're cheap, overclock like crazy and they run relatively cool considering that they're sometimes OCed to almost twice their rated speed, also, if he gets an Intel based combo, the memory speed won't matter as much as it will probably be bottlenecked by his FSB anyway, 667MHz RAM (1333MHz FSB) is plenty fast enough with an Intel based system, my 800MHz RAM is downclocked to 667MHz right now as we speak...

LOL but there is much better. I am currently phasing out my dual pent. D on my 4th computer. It doesn't even earn a spot in my sig...
Yeah they OC well but there are much better CPU's out there.
IMO 800 MHz is 100% necessary for gaming, which my Pent D cannot handle. It overheated and shutdown on crysis, which says something, at stock clock speeds.

Yeah they are nice but not really for the OP's purpose.

LOL but there is much better. I am currently phasing out my dual pent. D on my 4th computer. It doesn't even earn a spot in my sig...
Yeah they OC well but there are much better CPU's out there.
IMO 800 MHz is 100% necessary for gaming, which my Pent D cannot handle. It overheated and shutdown on crysis, which says something, at stock clock speeds.

Yeah they are nice but not really for the OP's purpose.

in the first post he stated he wanted to spend less than $150, we all know there's better, but fitting the best you can get within your budget is the key...

Back
Top Bottom