Mobile CPU: AMD 64-bit "Turion"

AMD will have to bring out entire new lines of products for it to beat the Centrino. Its got more chance of beating Intel's Dual Processor Line than Centrino.

Ok..... Pentium M is great and all, but a 64bit Mobile processor from AMD can and will beat it, and since AMD is developing it on 15watts, it will not be possible to stop AMD from beating Intel...

Centrino=25-20 watts
Turion+ 15-12watts

Hmmm, you were saying? The only important thing about Centrino is the Pentium M chip, who cares about an Intel Wireless card or Intel Centrino Chipset? nVidia is the best in chipsets, and Netgear I like.

Difference being; that I do not believe efficiency in a Processor not Power Consumption are big factors in buying a Laptop. You buy it to use as a Desktop on the go and when you do that you want a processor that gives you as close to Desktop power. No mamby pamby 15 Watt Processor is going to do that.

If it doesn't last long enough - you get a bigger battery.

They have Fusion... but it involves a 3 Metre tall Tocomac (Doughnut shaped Reactor) and a Hydrogen Gun.

About 7 years ago they had it on for 3 seconds in Oxford. So I don't know how far they've got it working now.

Yey, finally someone competes with the mobile market! :)

I think I'm gonna make my laptop run on solar or hydrogen :)

Back
Top Bottom