MOB questions 3-4 pin fan connectors on MOB

sk8tr4lf1989

Baseband Member
I have an EVA p67 sli MOB

Here is the manual link to it, see page 28 for more info in regards to my question.

http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/130-SB-E675.pdf

I also bought a Corsair 40 liquid cooler.

The instructions say for the pump for the cooler to be plugged into a 3 pin connector so that it gets the full 100% power at all times. Which 4 pin on my MOB should I use besides the 2 CPU 4 pins so that it gets the full 100%. Also is there a way to check to make sure it is working correctly. I was going to buy a 3-4 pin adapter so I could plug the pump directly into the PSU. What method would you recommend?

I currently have 1 fan for this cooler but was going to get 2 fans since my MOB has 2 4 pin connects for the CPU so that I get better cooling. Am i correct that any 3 pin connector even when plugged into the CPU will be spinning at 100%? Also that any 4 pin allows the MOB to control how fast the fan is spinning based on the temp of the CPU?

If anyone could clear this up it would be greatly appreciated!

I would put it on the CPU 4-pin connector, but first, make sure you disable any fan controlling devices in the BIOS!

Plug the pump into the CPU part?

I figured I was going to plug the 2 fans into the two cpu ports and the Pump into an AUX 4 pin and make sure I have it on manual and set to 100%

You're right. That's exactly it. You've been a witness to crossed wires in my brain :p

Back
Top Bottom