Mitch's PC gaming Build 2012 Need opinions

Mitch091

Beta member
Hey guys, I am a new member and and first time builder. I currently have a Asus G73J series laptop and just want to get back into gaming desktops again. So here's my build all parts from Newegg. All I mostly do is gaming and surfing web.

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Fans-1x ... $159.99

ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboardhttp://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265 $189.99

EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ... $359.99

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850M 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power ... $149.99

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ... $229.99

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel ... $34.99

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233147 $89.99

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $109.99

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM $16.99
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106346
And heres the stuff that probably doesn't matter to much

Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard $79.99
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114012
ASUS VE247H Black 23.6" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor $169.99

RAZER Black Wired Laser Naga Molten Special Edition Gaming Mouse $74.99

Total price came to $1231.92 before taxes and shipping. For just the tower I'm under my budget

Thats my build. The idea behind this build was not having to update the computer for a few years yet still be ready for future updates and to be able to play the new games at top specs. Eventually I want to maybe get 3 monitors hooked up to get that awesome gaming view. Let me know what you guys think. I am new at this and did just a bit of research before deciding on these items. Thank you all for your time have a great day
smile.gif
I will keep you updated on what I decide to get. I expect to start buying these items by Feb 15/2012

Last edited:
that'll work.. yep =o...

idk much about asrock mb... but i have heard somethings about some boards... for sure read up on issues people are having

I am also in the middle of building a pc/gaming pc. I am going with a six core amd, it is the about the same benchmarks as an Intel but cheaper and I have never had a prob with them. Also i would not spend extra money on factory overclock because most of the stuff you can do yourself. The main thing you may want to look at are your RAM, HDD, and Video. If you go with a six core with a socket 3+ gigabyte mb you should be good, but the RAM, HDD, and Video are also important. I would go with at least 16g for a good 5year investment, also for hdd i would raid four smaller drives, it makes your hdd 4x as fast, instead of having to write a lot of data to one drive it writes it to four drive, and you may think about getting a ssd for your OS, then you can get one bad ass video card or cross fire to medium cards. What you think? this may save you some money and make it a little bit better. In my opinion.

that'll work.. yep =o...

idk much about asrock mb... but i have heard somethings about some boards... for sure read up on issues people are having

I have looked at pretty much every Mobo above 170$ that support Intel 1155 socket type and the reviews always have at least 10 people writing something bad about the boards. Some boards for then most. So the what I've come to decide about this mobo is as long as it doesn't arrive DOA then its been a good rated board for reliability. Thats just my opinion.

I am also in the middle of building a pc/gaming pc. I am going with a six core amd, it is the about the same benchmarks as an Intel but cheaper and I have never had a prob with them. Also i would not spend extra money on factory overclock because most of the stuff you can do yourself. The main thing you may want to look at are your RAM, HDD, and Video. If you go with a six core with a socket 3+ gigabyte mb you should be good, but the RAM, HDD, and Video are also important. I would go with at least 16g for a good 5year investment, also for hdd i would raid four smaller drives, it makes your hdd 4x as fast, instead of having to write a lot of data to one drive it writes it to four drive, and you may think about getting a ssd for your OS, then you can get one bad ass video card or cross fire to medium cards. What you think? this may save you some money and make it a little bit better. In my opinion.

I updated my Build, changed a few parts around but its pretty close to the same just a little cheaper.

I like your idea, only thing I may change is I may stick with the intel CPU and Mobo. The Mobo I will be getting as of right now will be able to support the new intel cpu's that are suppose to be coming out in the future. So if I ever wanted to upgrade my Cpu my Mobo won't need changing right away. I do plan on getting 16gb of Ram not sure if I want to get it right away all at once or wait a few more months. As for the 4 HDDs in raid I have not really researched on how to run raid although I do know what it does. I will have to do some more research as to how and what I will need to make that setup work. I would love to get a SSD but damn those things are expensive. Would the 64gb SSD be able to support my OS? Or will I need the 128gb. And I plan on putting the Evga Gtx 570 in Sli with a another 570 in the future.

I heard the price of RAM is going up...I grabbed 16gb while I had the money, something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom