Missing video card

Derek50

Beta member
I bought a new game recently and I have noticed that the game runs fine and the graphics look good, it is just a little slow. So I oped up my tower, to look if there was a video card in the back, and to me it looks like there isn't one. However I not sure because I not that good with computers, my system is vista as well if that means anything and it is about 2 yrs. old. Here is an image of tower
2431916990100782725S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

perhaps its integrated because I don't see a card in the pci slots available
any idea what motherboard you have?
and is that tower right side up? I think its upside down lol

I not sure of what motherboard I have but there is a sticker on the tower which says "Graphics by nVidia" there is another sticker that says "AMD 64 Live" which is what wol-va-rine was talking about. What does the 64 mean and even if it is integrated would it make the game run faster if a bought a video card. If I do buy a video card which slot do I put it in.

Yeah, you do not have a dedicated video card. You system could handle a budget card and your game(s) would run much better.

The "Graphics by Nvidia" indicates that you have an integrated graphics chip manufactured by Nvidia.

"AMD 64 Live" is AMD's entertainment package designed to be optimized by the AMD 64 processor.

You can add a dedicated video card, but by the looks of it you have an AGP slot (the dark brown one). Can you post the make and model number of your computer?

The "Graphics by Nvidia" indicates that you have an integrated graphics chip manufactured by Nvidia.

"AMD 64 Live" is AMD's entertainment package designed to be optimized by the AMD 64 processor.

You can add a dedicated video card, but by the looks of it you have an AGP slot (the dark brown one). Can you post the make and model number of your computer?

He has a PCI-E slot. Took the picture of the computer upside down though (or his motherboard is upside down) and it makes it look like he has an AGP.

But you could go with a decent GeForce 9500GT card without upgrading the power supply.

Back
Top Bottom