Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-22-2006, 04:09 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Missing removable drive

I was hoping someone could help. I have been having problems trying to get an mp3 flash player to work on my pc. Basically, when i plug it in (no drivers) it is recognised by my pc, th bubbles in the bottom right hand corner appear with make and model. When i go into device manager it is under USB as a mass storage device. When i go into my computer it is not there under what would normally be e:. I know the mp3 player is fine as it works on another machine. The usb ports seem to be ok because i can run other things such as a printer. The odd thing is that after i plug it in and gets recognised the pc just hangs until i take it out and then pc carries on running but it says there was a problem installing hardware and that it may not work.
Just trying to identofy what the problem is. Not sure if it is relevant but my pc was originally just a cd/dvd drive and i had an external cd/rw (iomega). I installed about 6 months ago an internal dvd/rw which works fine. Is it possible that this is causing a conflict? Is there anything in the BIOS that needs to be changed/may have been changed? Could it be anything to do with the Motherboard?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions, just a stupid thing which is frustrating.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

scousepete36 is offline   Reply With Quote