Missing Gears and Crystals (Myst 4)

Cronodude360

Baseband Member
As usual, helpin' a friend.

I seem to be having a unique problem.

In spire, sitting in the Spider chair at the bottom most point, there are no gears or crystals. The chair structure is there and the rods and support braces. The thing on the right with tools in it that triggers a memory is there.

There are three places where the cursor changes to an open hand, something can be grabbed and pulled down and then reset with the cursor at a finger point.

I have uninstalled and re-installed but the problem persists.

My system is a 1400mhz AMD, 512M RAM, geforce2 with the latest driver, Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD ROM, 20gig free space and cmplete install.

Loading the game also presented problems as the system would hang, freeze, ask for disk with a certain file, could not find file. The sucessfull install attempt took about 20 minutes.

The DVD ROM does not give me problems with other CDs.

If anyone has some advice for me, it would be appreciated as I cannot continue without resolution.

Thanks

We had the same problem with a GeForce2 video card. My son found out that if you revert back to version 61.76 of the nVidia drivers, it will work. We tried it, the gears appeared, and any graphic problems we had with the game cleared up. You can get the old drivers at the nVidia site.

Back
Top Bottom