minimum to play BF2

rocketpants

Baseband Member
hI, Whats the minimum i could get way with to play BF2 ?? ive got an xp2000 athlon, 512mb ram ,& a an ati 9800, will that be enough, albeit in lower res with a little less eye candy ?? cheers..

that will run it but not on high, i would say most low and maybe 2-3 on medium...

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

* Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
* 1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
* 512 MB of RAM or more
* 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
* 2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
* DirectX 9.0c compatible (see video)
* DirectX 9.0c compatible
VIDEO
Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:

* NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
* ATI Radeon 8500 or greater

Taken from http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/features.jsp

Well, I've got it running on a desktop rig with 512MB RAM, P4 3.2GHz and a GeForce FX5200.

It gets about 30FPS at 800x600, so you'll probably be all right in terms of it even starting the game. But it won't be too good, it will run, but be a bit rubbish.

It runs at approx. 90 FPS on medium/high settings at 1024x768 with the notebook specs in my sig.

I strongly recommend 1GB RAM - it really does cut the load times, it amazed me.

Conclusion - the game will run, but it won't run anything like smoothly or with good graphics. Consider yourself lucky: on some setups it won't even start up. You should really consider an all-round upgrade if you can afford it, because the gear you've got is really getting on a good bit now.

MarxSoccer has given you the system specs, work on the basis of those. (Actually, they are the minimum that EA will support via their technical people - the game will work on crappier hardware than that, I know from experience :D)

Hope I've helped, good luck with BF2,

Moderator.

malbuc87uk said:
Well, I've got it running on a desktop rig with 512MB RAM, P4 3.2GHz and a GeForce FX5200.

It gets about 30FPS at 800x600, so you'll probably be all right in terms of it even starting the game. But it won't be too good, it will run, but be a bit rubbish.

It runs at approx. 90 FPS on medium/high settings at 1024x768 with the notebook specs in my sig.

I strongly recommend 1GB RAM - it really does cut the load times, it amazed me.

Conclusion - the game will run, but it won't run anything like smoothly or with good graphics. Consider yourself lucky: on some setups it won't even start up. You should really consider an all-round upgrade if you can afford it, because the gear you've got is really getting on a good bit now.

MarxSoccer has given you the system specs, work on the basis of those. (Actually, they are the minimum that EA will support via their technical people - the game will work on crappier hardware than that, I know from experience :D)

Hope I've helped, good luck with BF2,

Moderator.
thanks for you help !!!

with my specs in my sig i run battlefield all high but 2 mediums ( Texture + lighting ) and 1280x1024 @ 75 hz no problems at all but when i switch those lighting and texutres up to high major lagg lol i dont know why

Back
Top Bottom