Might get new motherboard

Yeah the one atomic rooster posted is nice, but doesnt have a slot for a physics card. And sli is only 8x. But I think I agree about the open box one.

atomic, thats a decent board put out by ABIT, but by no means a monster board. I wouldn't get a 650i personally as nVidia's lower end offerings are lacking compared to the P965. But it's really up to and what you want. The way i see it is that if you have enough money for SLi, you have enough money to but a top of the line motherboard to go with it or else it's just a waste of money.

Well, I would get a card, and rather than buying one new expensive card, buy the same one again to run in SLI. Or is it not worth it for that? Better to just get an intel board for super OCing?

Well, I would get a card, and rather than buying one new expensive card, buy the same one again to run in SLI. Or is it not worth it for that? Better to just get an intel board for super OCing?

The only Intel board good for OCing is the D975BX2, or BadAxe 2. Mine was a great board, got it up to 425 FSB stable, until it died lol. If you go with a E6300/E6400, go with a 965 chipset, they can reach much higher FSB, which will help with the lower multipliers.

Yeah thats what I meant, but idk what too do. None of those boards have slots for physics cards correct? Idk if I should get 650i or one of those. How much will 650i's OC?

don't know about the 650's but the 680's rock. I love it. OC'd like a champ and nothing held me back.

KK, should be the same I bet. Just one slot is in 8x or something. For not totally top of the line cards is 8x good?

Back
Top Bottom