Microsoft -Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules2408

Baseband Member
Over the past 6 months or so I have found the Internet Explorer browser very slow in opening pages and sites of various kinds. It also seems to get hung up easily.

It is generally so slow I have changed to Firefox in recent months which I find is consistently quite quick and efficient by comparison.

Can anyone offer any reason why I.Exp would be so poor in performance.

A number of years ago I Exp changed their software so that advertising that was previously filtered out by the browser is now captured - no doubt because of pressure from various companies. However this does not explain the more recent poor performance of the browser this year.

Thank you.

Well IE tends to be a resource hog, and is just poorly developed. IE 8 kinda fixed some of the issues, and it runs really quick, at least on my machine it does, but I stick with Firefox. Been using Firefox since 1.0 and it has always been a great browser! Other I recommend for speed is Chriome or Opera. Both good browsers that outperform IE.

Can anyone offer any reason why I.Exp would be so poor in performance.
Well, can you name one piece of software Microsoft has written over the past few years that's been fast and efficient? ;)

I find myself going into IE add on manager, every so often, to clear out the junk that tends to slow down the browser.

I suppose IE was written by a bunch of Microsoft NERDS and GEEKS. Who ever saw a nerd or geek do anything fast? Complex yes -fast --NO.

They don't run competition events for keyboard or mouse speed do they.

Wow. You, sir, are an epic fail. You come to a COMPUTER FORUM and start trashing "nerds" and "geeks"? Wow. I have no words for how pathetic you are. All will be good when you are working for us one day; then we'll fire your a**.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom