Is Microsoft Excel an Important Thing to Learn?

hybridcell

Beta member
I have a class that I'm thinking about taking that focuses on Excel, but I'm wondering if it's a waste of time when I could be learning something else.

Is it a vital thing to know later on?

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Depend on what field you're getting into. If you're going into CIS/MIS or Business Administration, you must have it. It's so freaking easy.

I'm most likely going to head into one of the four fields:

1. Computer Programming

2. Computer Technician

3. Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering

4. Computer Networking

It seems basic to me, but I haven't really used it a lot of times. Would it be rather easy to teach it to myself? Or is it best to take the class?

Teaching yourself would be my recommendation, it may be faster if you take a class and all that but all your information and resources that you need is readily available you on the internet, all you need to do is google it and find some tutorials
Its extremely easy either way

Yeah because a lot of documentation requires Excel. The techs where I work constantly use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, darn it--the whole darn suite. They also provide training for users too besides using and creating documents, so the techs need to know how to use Office.

Thanks for the input everyone. I really appreciate it.

I think I'm going to go ahead and take the class.

It's definately a nice thing to learn, especially if you're going into the Business Administration area.

Yeah, anything from accounting to anything business... go excel... spreadsheets are really useful for things of that matter.

i am learning them at college now, been doing it for 2 years, ICT Business, bascialy you only need to learn it for figures, accountance, admin of stores, things like that.

i am just learning it becase i am going 4 or 3 years in college then of to Uni for 2 years to get 2 degrees, hehehe

Back
Top Bottom