Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Microphone not working

My microphone (nor any microphone) will work. The recording input works fine when on stereo mix, but when I try to record with a mic I get nothing. I know it's a software problem (multiple mics, all turned on, plugged into the right jack, mic boost is on, etc. etc.).

Here's the thing: my Mobo came with a driver called "SoundMAX," and when I install it, it completely locks up my computer. It either freezes or crashes after I install SoundMAX... which is strange, because that's what came on my Mobo's installation CD.

oriion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Microphone not working

So I'm assuming you don't use soundmax when you try to use your mic. Are you trying to use your mic through your operating system? if so make sure the options are turned on for the microphone and off for line-in. see if that works.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Actually, that's the weird thing - SoundMAX was mostly already installed. I mean, that's what selected for my audio input and output, but the program never got installed (I imagine the drivers were installed incompletely). So, when I tried to reinstall SoundMAX in full, my system locked up invariably. I had to system restore in safe mode, which brought me back to square one - SoundMAX selectable for audio, but no mic working.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:14 AM   #4
Jk
In Runtime

What sound card do you have? Maybe there is an updated driver you can try.

I miss my opty :c
Jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Baseband Member

I tried updating the drivers for my sound card, and it would seem my drivers are up to date.

I also just discovered that when I adjust the microphone volume on my audio options that, when I try to record something, the static gets appropriately louder and softer. I just can't actually record ...

Well, I got it working. I had to uninstall and reinstall the UAA Bus Driver. I don't know why. But it worked.