Michael Meyers books any good?

Gcreeper314

Baseband Member
Hey guys im new around here and wanted to pick up a book to just learn some and get more knowledge on Pc's and how they work. I also want to get A+ certified in the future.I was looking at Mike's book in the Library and it looks pretty good but its the fourth edition of All-In-One A+ Certification. I was wondering if i should just wait and buy the Sixth Edition as to there might be a lot of new stuff on that one and probably adds more as the test go changing. What do u guys think i should do? Try to get the sixth or the fourth will be fine?

The 6th edition (due out in december i think) is for a completely new set of exams, as they are changing soon. The old exams are 220-301/302, and the new exams are 220-601/602/603/604/605. If you have a really good knowledge of computers already, then ya might be to pass the old exams before they change. Otherwise ya going to have to do the new exams which have a higher % to pass and one extra exam to sit (3 instead of 2)

The thing is im not planning to take the exam any time soon so i think im going to wait till the new one comes out and just pick that one up. Not going to read a 1000 page book to have to go and read the new one because the exam changed. Thanks

Oh and the Mike Myers books are good, so i would go for them. Cybex, Syngress and exam cram are other books id reccomend

Back
Top Bottom