Mic Problems - please help

d1p3r1

Beta member
Hello,
I received a computer from my grandfather today, and I'm having some troubles. The computer is an HP Pavilion a1610n. Somebody gave him this computer due to the fact that they got a new one, and when I did further research on it, I found out this computer is a media center. The reason i say this is because I think this might contribute to my issue.
I'm using an online chat program called Ventrilo, and my friends say whenever I push to talk, they can hear anything that's happening on my computer screen. I tested it out myself, and ruled out the possibility that the microphone is picking up the speaker sounds. I'm supporting a cheap desk microphone. This problem didn't occur on my other computer yesterday with the same microphone plugged in.
Is there anybody who knows what to do? I've tried almost everything that I have read on other forums and none of it seems no work. I am running Windows XP if that has any relevance. I would very much appreciate somebody's help in fixing this problem.

they can hear anything that's happening on my computer screen..

What do you mean? They can hear the music you are playing? what sort of thing are they hearing?

Its worth while also looking in the 'Setup' button before you enter the chat, or whilst you are in it, as there is a lot of tabs with options that you can alter in there...

Do you know the server admin for the vent server? and have you tested the mic on another program like windows messanger or anything?

Back
Top Bottom