Mic always on?

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I have a logitech Headset with Mic and I always had to press something or be recording something to hear sound out of it. Using Audacity or Recorder I could hear sounds thru my headphones or my speakers, but if I wasn't using a program like that or Ventrilo...the mic was seemingly OFF...I installed Asio4all drivers for guitar recording and then my mic started being constantly on...I hear my fan blowing into my mic thru the speakers which like I said never happened ...I uninstalled the Asio drivers thinking that would fix the problem and well that didn't at all...any ideas?

yep thats the default for windows the mic is always on.

you can turn it off in the sound propertes but its easier jus to unplug and plug it bak in

Is there a sound icon on your side bar?

What to do if there is no sound icon

If not, go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, or Start, Control panel depending how you have Windows set up.

Click on Sounds & Devices.

Make sure "Place Icon In Task Bar" is ticked.

Now, press Okay, and on the side bar, the sound icon should now be there.

Double click it, and you'll get a set of volume bars, and if the microphone is noted there, simply mute it when you don't want it by clicking the "Mute" button.

How to get the microphone to display in Play Control

If it's not listed, go to Options, Properties, and in the list, tick Microphone, and press Okay.

now it should be on the list, and you should be able to mute it from there.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom