MGE XG Vigor 500W PSU

GrayT

Baseband Member
Has anyone ever heard of this? I was thinking about getting one so I can start putting to use some stuff I have laying around.

Here's a link to a review on it, it looks promising; http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/vigor_uv_sleeved_psu.php.

Sixty bucks for 500W is hard to beat, it has a 120mm fan on top, and an 80mm fan. Uses 2 heatsinks, comes with UV sensitive wire wraps, and SATA adapter hookups just incase you don't need them. Doesn't look too shabby either ;) One thing that this review shows differently than any other pictures I've seen of it is that the 80mm fan is on the outside. I don't get it. Everything else is in the review, check it out!

If not this, then what other recommendations for PSU's above 400W would you guys say is good? I'd like to keep the budget at max $80. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that is reliable.

EDIT

My only concern is clearance for the 80mm fan, it's on the outside rather than the inside. How big do you think that 80mm could possibly be, maybe an inch?

Back
Top Bottom