Merging Partitions

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hi guys.
I have two partitions on my computer.. One has XP Pro installed on it, and stores all my documents and work, and main programs etc. The other has Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and stores all the video, music, games, and other media. Although the games are STORED on the Vista partition, they were installed with the XP partition and so all their registry settings are with the XP partition.

I noticed that I never used Vista, except every once in a while for fun or to update drivers etc. I am interested in merging the partitions to once again have just one partition with XP installed.

The only issue is, all my data is very comfortable where it is and it's too much of a daunting task for me to retain all my saved games, documents, music, videos, etc somewhere else, uninstall everything, then reinstall my whole hard-drive and dauntingly install all the software and games again (some of which I will find difficult to find again).

So, is there any relatively easy method of uninstalling Vista while keeping my games and files on the partition, and then merging the partition somehow? I can see how this could be hard/impossible considering all the registry entries will have the wrong directories, etc, but it's worth a shot asking you guys.

Thankyou
Regards
Rhys Andrews

Back
Top Bottom