Memory upgrade for acer aspire z5761

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telc

Beta member
Hi I have just purchased an all in one Acer Aspire desktop Z5761 from PC World. The advert and on line manuals state it can be upgraded to 8 MB of Ram and to do it you need to remove the chassis screws and slide the case off. There are no visible:confused: screws so I do not know where to start. 3 of PC Worlds Tech guys had a go and even they do not know where to look.

Hi, I realise it's some time since you posted this but the back of the unit comes off pretty easy. I too wanted to upgrade the memory on my Z5761 and daughter's Z3101 and contacted acer on the their support forum but they didn't want to help. I discovered how to remove the rear casing and have now upped the memory on both computers. It was actually pretty easy. If you still need an answer to this let me know.

Hi Scotstorm,

I've just bought the very same Acer Aspire z5761 and would be very grateful if you could explain how to get the back panel of to do the upgrade:D

Cheers

Colin.

Hi Colin,

lay the unit flat on its screen, (I just laid mine on the bed). Push the stand flat against the computer and pop off the top cover of the stand. Remove the 3 screws that you can now see and the stand can be removed (option for wall mounting). Remove the plastic cover for the power cord and disconect anything you have plugged in to any sockets. (you don't have to unplug the video lead). I found it eaiest to pop the back cover from the right hand side by slipping my fingers inside towards the right and gently lifting, there are a series of plastic lugs holding the back cover in place all round the four sides, I used a small screwdriver to help ease these out. Once you have the back cover off you will see a squarish box in the centre. remove this tin plate by removing the 5 screws (there is one, lower than the other 4 down the left side).
You should now see the 2 empty slots for your memory. I used crucial.com's memory tool to identify the memory type (these were different for the z5761 and the z3101). I have photo's of the procedure but cannot work out how to get them onto my reply.

best of luck Scotstorm:)

Thanks for that Scotstorm, thought there would be some secret screws or something.

I already got as far as taking the stand off and unplugging everything, just didn't want to force anything and void the warranty

I will keep you informed

once again thanks.

Colin.

Guys, please don't necropost. If the thread is more than a month old and the OP hasn't done the responding, please don't resurrect the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom