Memory Upgrade

nyko02

Baseband Member
Ok i have a Dell Dimension 4300 with right now 256mb of RAM i was looking at this memory Memory!
Now i have Pc-133 in my computer right now and i play numourous games and the lag is just horrible i was wondering from a upgrade from 256 to 768 ( or how ever it is ) will fix it. also will it fix FPS lag in games ?

Yes, by upgrading your memory, you will probably see an improvement in gameplay and in normal computer functions. 256MB simply doesn't cut it anymore, and 512MB is beggining to stretch it. Really, the best place to be right now is 1GB+ Memory. If you could move up your memory up to 1GB, you'll see quite an improvement, 768MB would also make a good improvement. But, you must also have to know that games don't rely simply on memory, but also on the CPU and GPU, so if your GPU is on the lesser side of town, maybe you should consider upgrading it.

I would go for 1GBb - a jump from 256mb to 1GB - you'll be rocking. Look for a dual channel kit as well, at a nice speed. Evan at 512MB, it's pushing it, you'll get fed up with that one day.

Ive got 1GB, and I want more. But to go from 256MB to 1GB, will be nice.

Josh Rider> Please reduce sig. to 5 lines or less. :)

Ok , i play Counter-strike and used to play world of warcraft untill lag got horrible but counter-strike runs just fine but a little FPS lag and wow is just horrible lag . i have A Intel P4 1500mhz and a ATI radeon 9550 256mb , and a 40gb HD. so im not sure if its just memory or what ?

i would say jump from 256 to 1gig...my laptop maxes at 512 but i have played WoW on peoples computers that had 1 gig and the difference is amazing...normal functions will speed way up as well with the jump

do you use a videocard or do you rely on integrated video? if you don't have a videocard that would explain the lag in WoW.. and 256mb is bare minimum for RAM requirements on that game.. i think.

Back
Top Bottom