- Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz Processor
- 512MB PC2100 DDR Memory (2GB Maximum)
- 60GB Hard Drive
- 24x CD-RW Combo Optical Drive
- 15.4" WXGA (1280x800) Wide Screen LCD and ATI IGP 345M Integrated Graphics with 32MB Shared Memory
- AC'97 Audio
- v.90 56Kbps Modem, 10/100 Ethernet and 802.11g Wireless
- Three USB 2.0 Ports, One iLink (FireWire), One Type II PC Card Slot and Memory Stick Pro Slot
- 14.1" x 10.9" x 2.2" @ 8.1 lbs.
- Windows XP Home, Microsoft Works 7.0 Suite, Quicken and Sony Digital Software Suite
Seems that there support is down as there is a dowmloadable manual that will show you the steps to changing the memory modules..click the above link and then select the manual tab and it will download to your computer .
Basically all you do is turm it off and shut off all power, flip it upside down and look for a small compartment(should say memory) but might not. open the compartment and either remove the existing stick and replace it with the newer one or look for a different slot normally turned 90 degrees and insert the newer memory stick in there. Make sure the little metal clips engage in the notches so as to make sure that it is seated. replace cover>
Really is simple.
By the way your specs shows that it uses only PC2100 DDR memory up to 2gigs... that normally shows that there is two slots that will hold 1 gig each. The main slot is the one inwhich the memory is now in and should be used for the highest ram
Hope this helps you