Memory timings?

2.5 In your timings:

CAS Latency Time
This refers to the Column Address Strobe delay time. Lower is better! However, in a P4 system, lowering this setting only improves performance minimally, so it might be better to increase this setting to gain stability or a higher overclock.

2nd digit in your timings (3):

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay
This refers to the Row Address Strobe to Column Address Strobe delay time. Lower is better! This is the most crucial setting in a P4 system! Lowering this setting improves performance quite noticeably, so you might want to sacrifice some clockspeed to lower this timing.

3rd digit in your timings (3):

DRAM RAS# Precharge
This refers to the Row Address Strobe to Column Address Strobe delay time. Lower is better! This is the 2nd most crucial setting in a P4 system! Lowering this setting improves performance quite noticeably, so you might want to sacrifice some clockspeed to lower this timing.

4th Digit in your timings (7):

Act to Precharge Delay
This refers to the Active to Precharge delay time. Lower is better! However, same as above, lowering this setting only improves performance minimally, so it might be better to increase this setting to gain stability or a higher overclock.

All taken from the site in the post above, but basically it deals with overclocking alot.

It's risky enough attempting to overclock a dell....I mean, It's a dell. I am not saying they're bad...although they are in some aspects, their motherboards are things you do NOT want to overclock with...nonetheless probably some 2 dollar CPU Cooler as opposed to if you really want to overclock with a custom build then you need a zalman or thermalright or something, that is if you really want to overclock more than just a normal 200-400 MHz.

I thought Dell locked their BIOS'es.

Also, I think latency is important or not as important for AMD processors because it has an integrated memory controller. Although, I'm not sure which, so that bit of info isn't that much help.

Dell does lock their BIOS. :(

I mean they litterally hacked out that option.. Not just locked it. They freaking hacked it outta the mobo

/pissedoff

He must be the only one inthe world. Or some hacker got to the computer before he did. But a dell would just waste the hackers time. So i think he doesnt know what hes talking about.

Back
Top Bottom