Memory timing incorrect

MattStrike

Beta member
Hi,
I only just recently noticed this problem.

The computer comes with a pc3200 512mb mem chip.
1 year ago, I bought a 256mb pc3200 chip for a lot of money-$70 (cheapest I could find)
Last week, I noticed that bios was only recognizing ddr333. Went into bios, and memory timing is locked at pc2700. It isn't set to "auto-detect", it is locked.
Motherboard says right on it 400MHz FSB!?
CPU clock frequency is 200MHz, multipiler is 11. Pc3200 is a 400MHz FSB (200MHz effective?)
Anyway, the board is locked for pc2700, and I want to use the full pc3200 that I bought for it. Besides, it's stupid to have the CPU timing not running in-sync with the memory timing.

Heres the dumbest part: Underclocking the CPU to 166MHz clock frequency actually makes it perform better (1800MHz) on some of my games.

So,
I would like to know if there is some way to unlock the locked options in the bios, or if there is a new version of the bios that has the e-machines imprint so I can still use my restore disks and manually specify the memory timing.
Any other comments or suggestions welcome.
Thanks

Oops, don't see my signature, so

E-machines t3256
AMD 3200+
FIC AU31 () motherboard
Nforce2 chipset,
integrated GeForce4
640mb Pc3200 + 128mb shared on-board video
WinXP SP2

sorry.

please change your sig size down to 5 lines, and try another stick of PC3200 and see if it is still locked at 133, they usually lock the FSB to prevent ocing.

Back
Top Bottom