Memory as storage?

RAM, ...not ROM

random access, read only....
thats all you have to know.

however, i hear for vista, you can use flash memory as RAM

which is cool.. but that would be a lot slower...wouldn't it?

Yeah Ram is some thing that we cant pick and choose when we want stuff saved their/ Random Access Memory its Random!

natej315 said:
Yeah Ram is some thing that we cant pick and choose when we want stuff saved their/ Random Access Memory its Random!

hahaa, exactly

joepic said:
RAM, ...not ROM

random access, read only....
thats all you have to know.

however, i hear for vista, you can use flash memory as RAM

which is cool.. but that would be a lot slower...wouldn't it?
yea you can, but think about... I used my dads Ipod 2GB right? do you know how slow it is.. It takes me about 10 seconds to copy a 9MB file? ram does that in MS not even a 1sec... I just think it will make your system slower when you enable that. When I use My 64MB SD card..it still going be slow..

X800 said:
yea you can, but think about... I used my dads Ipod 2GB right? do you know how slow it is.. It takes me about 10 seconds to copy a 9MB file? ram does that in MS not even a 1sec... I just think it will make your system slower when you enable that. When I use My 64MB SD card..it still going be slow..

If I understand some of these programs correctly, like RAMDISK, they reserve a section of the RAM for hard drive use, to create a logical disk. To me, if more RAM is taken for a logical drive, then there is less available RAM for other applications, processes, etc. That would be like partitioning an 80 GB for a 10 GB partition for Windows. You use up all those resources (in the hard drive case, less space for a page file), so programs take longer to load. Just my opinion.

X800 said:

but wouldn't it still be faster than page file?

Back
Top Bottom