Memory stick

cazrea

Beta member
I am having problems with my memory stick. It has been working fine for months and now the computer keeps asking if I want to reformat. Obviously I don't because it has loads of stuff on it. I believe there is a way to overcome this problem - any ideas? I now also have a similar problem with a CD-RW which is full of photos!

copy all the data off and format the copy on but if you are having problems with your drive as well then it could be a problem. is your card reader built into your drive?

i would do a scan disc at startup to have it check the integrity of the hhd (harddrive).

to do so right click the :C drive/ properties/ tools

mixx, why the HD when it's a memory stick?

Anyway, I've had similar problems with RW's. They aren't always the most reliable forms of media when you write to them over and over. Is that what you do or do you format then copy stuff to them.

As for you're memory stick, do you mean like a USB drive or a Sony Memory stick(for like PDAs, cameras, and such?) I'd first try whatever it is in another device. Probably something wrong with the structure of the drive, so if you can find anything that'll read it, just copy the stuff, format, then copy it back to the device. I've had similar problems with my SD cards and it's not a bad idea to do this every so often to about any device...

Back
Top Bottom