memory Question-need advice

golf_addict73

In Runtime
Well I'm going to buy 1GB of memory for my new computer......I need to choose what kind i should buy....I have been looking at 5 choices from 2 different companies...
-Corsair Valueselect 2x512
-Corsair XMS 2x512
-OCZ primier value 2x512
-OCZ performance series 2x512
-OCZ gold series 2x512

I just need to know what you recommend and if there are advantages or reasons to get one over another.

My mobo does support dual channel so i'll be doing that

Well, what are you going to be doing on this computer? Gaming? Hardcore processing? Nothing special - just internet and word processing? If it's one of the former two, you might want to go for the better Corsair XMS or OCZ Gold Series. Otherwise, save a few bucks and get a nice pair of Corsair ValueSelect. The main difference is speed. The better RAM is a bit faster which might be noticeable on some of the games or applications you use, but a typical computer user would not notice a difference. Again, it depends on how intensive the programs you use are.

I won't be doing much hardcore gaming...probably a little more than right now because this computer isn't much good for anything but internet and word processing....I will probably get into more games once i get my new computer together though.....I was thinking either get the corsair XMS or the OCZ performance series just so i don't have to worry about getting better ram if i do want to start gaming hardcore after i buy my Video card......so out of the
Corsair XMS and the
OCZ performance series which would you recommend....both have great reviews but i was wonder what the benefits of one over another would be......I'll probably overclock eventually also.....

The Corsair XMS would probably fit you best if you are not a hardcore gamer or overclocker. It works very well under any circumstances. Not the highest end RAM, but has proven stability and performance at a good low price.

Back
Top Bottom