Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
Indigo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,866
Default Re: Memory Question

That's great, you know how to use a computer. Most people don't, and of every computer I've ever run into that was using Vista, 1GB simply won't cut it. It doesn't help that PC makers shipped systems with only 1GB, they usually plopped DDR2 533 in there or something that was just muck-slow. Every PC that i've ever upgraded from 1 GB (usually 3GB for 32bit, 4GB for the 64 bit folks) has always seen a hand over fist improvement. Hearsay and speculation on how fast Vista runs with 512MB isn't the standard norm for most computer users unfortunately, if you want to run Vista or 7 reliably, you need 2GB+. All of the systems I support at work have a minimum of 2GB, and 90% of them are on Vista. The other 10% are on 7.

Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #12
Daemon Poster
VINMAN46's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,123
Send a message via AIM to VINMAN46
Default Re: Memory Question

Originally Posted by AmD~pWnD~yOu View Post
I still have the computer.This is the computer, they still sell at tigerdirect.-(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=E400-W3611)
Like i said ran just fine on 512mb.Cuz i know you aint talking about the "4 sticks better than 2".
thats what i was talking about

VINMAN46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0