memory question

Andywest2k1

Beta member
Hi all,

First post on this forum so go easy.

Ive got an acer laptop (6600 series) i think.

Its only got about 60gig memory and im needing more.

WOuld it be better for me to upgrade my internal memory or purchase an external hard drive??

Thanks in advance, hope you lot can help!

I'd venture you mean the hard drive. Cost wise it's cheaper to buy an external drive. But then it's not always convenient to find an outlet to plug the drive's power pack in to.
Swapping out the internal drive if you're not wanting to reinstall your OS and programs gets a little more complicated. You can put your new drive in another machine and use the file and settings transfer wizard.
But if you don't have another machine handy you can let a shop "ghost" a copy of your current drive to the new drive and let them install it.

Hard drives for laptops are not cheap. Shop carefully. Ask around your local shops about ghosting and what they charge if you buy the drive from them.

I'd venture you mean the hard drive. Cost wise it's cheaper to buy an external drive. But then it's not always convenient to find an outlet to plug the drive's power pack in to.
Swapping out the internal drive if you're not wanting to reinstall your OS and programs gets a little more complicated. You can put your new drive in another machine and use the file and settings transfer wizard.
But if you don't have another machine handy you can let a shop "ghost" a copy of your current drive to the new drive and let them install it.

Hard drives for laptops are not cheap. Shop carefully. Ask around your local shops about ghosting and what they charge if you buy the drive from them.

Thanks for the reply mate.
Can you point me in the right direction to get a good cheap external hard drive?
Im wanting one thats relatively small so it can fit in my laptop bag, but still have substancial memory.

thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom