memory problem

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so i bought a new processor to fix my memory controller, and when i put the two 1gb ram on slot 1 and 2 i get dual channel, but when i put it on slot 3 and 4, which is suppose to be dual channel, but all i hear are just beeps. which is kind of weird.
i also have 2 512mb, i tried setting up 3gb dual channel, 1.5gb on one channel and another 1.5gb on another channel, but all it posts is 2gb single channel, which is weird, i ran cpu-z and it said that slot 1 is 1gb, 2 and 3 are 512mb which the 2nd slot is suppose to be 1gb, and slot 4 was empty, but i had all 4 of my ram on all the 4 slots, whether or not the timings are the same (I'm sure the speed is the same) but shouldn't it post as 3gb single channel? me and my friends tried moving them around, and sometimes we get beeps, sometimes it don't post at all, and sometimes all it said was 2 gb.
one time i got it to read 3gb in my bios, but after logging into windows, i ran dxdiag and cpu-z and it says that i have 2gb, so i restarted my computer and went into bios, and it posted back as 2gb. i ran the memtest 10 times on each stick before and they all passed 10 times. my DFI manual says it could hold up to 4gb
any ideas on whats wrong?
p.s the information on my rig is on my sig
thanks in advance

To get dual channel, you need to install memory on the SAME color memory slots.

If you put memory in and you are getting beeps, this is probably saying that your memory is bad. Try booting up one a time to see if one of your memory DIMMs is bad.

DC Memory should be put in like this:
[1][2]-[3][4]
1g .5g 1g .5g

g=gigabyte

yes in order for you to get dual channel they need to be lets say in the first and the third slot and the second and the fourth slot, just match the same colors, and the same RAM amount,

well, from what ive been reading, the DFI boards are different from most that supports dual channel. the first two are the same color, and i put the 1gb on each, and the last two are the same color, and i put the 2 512mb there, which then has 1.5gb on each channel, slot 1 and 3 are channel A and slot 2 and 4 as channel B.
but no matter how i do it, even though i filled all four slots, shouldnt i get 3gb of single channel?

Back
Top Bottom