Memory + CPU

MikeReiner

Golden Master
I have a new system that I just put together,
p4 prescott 505 2.66 ghz (not hyper threading)
1 gig of corsair value select ram.
geforcefx5200.
whenever I turn on the computer, all the fans turn on, hard drive turns on, cd rom turns on.
but it never sends a signal to the monitor, it just sits there.
now the ram I have in there is ONE stick of ONE gig of ddr 400 pc3200 ram.
i've been told that you need TWO sticks in order for this cpu to even run...
would anybody know anything about this?

If it's a new system...yes. It'll be dual channel. You'll need two, TWO, sticks. One stick will not do it. The mobo will not function properly and I'm surprised you've gotten that far in the wake up process. Try two sticks, and, if you're still getting the problem, tell me.

Thank you dude!
another question, if I got one stick of one gig, does the 2nd also need to be one gig?

What the ****?

What does having 1 or 2 sticks have to do with his problem that his monitor isn't turning on? He didn't even ask for Dual Channel in his question. o_o Am I blind!?

Mental Liberator said:

What the ****?

What does having 1 or 2 sticks have to do with his problem that his monitor isn't turning on? He didn't even ask for Dual Channel in his question. o_o Am I blind!?

MikeReiner said:
now the ram I have in there is ONE stick of ONE gig of ddr 400 pc3200 ram.
i've been told that you need TWO sticks in order for this cpu to even run...
would anybody know anything about this?

Idiot... it's because he's not using dual channel! argh... please read carefully. BEcause he's not using dual channel, his mobo isn't working correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What the hell, since when do you need to use dual-channel for a computer to work? I'm not using dual channel, and it's working fine for me. Seriously don't call me an idiot, it's disrespectful and jumping to idiotic conclusions.

He said he has one stick of ddr400 ram, and he thought that you need two sticks in order for the CPU to run, which is incorrect, because I have 1 stick of ram in my other computer and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom