Memory Clock whats it do

green101

Baseband Member
I order a Bfg 7600gt card from newegg and it has memory clock 1450. What does it do really? Does it make a real big difference? Say it was 600 instead what would happen while i play a game

The memory clock is used in the communication between the GPU and the memory chips.

I'm not exactly sure what would happen if you played a game with a lower memory clock, because all RAM and all games are different. Logically, though, it would go slower.

The memory clock is basically the speed of the memory/RAM that the video card uses. The faster this is, the faster the computer can access the memory, which results in better performance. The video card's memory is used for things such as storing textures, so you're levels might load slower, etc. The speed that your card renders 3D objects would also be affected.

It's the number of canlculations per second. It's around 1 450 000 000 calculations per seconds. The faster, the better.

games would definitely be slower if the clock speed would be 600 instead of 1450. Though it isn't just about the mem clock, but it's a big part of it.

Back
Top Bottom