memory?

Make sure they are exactly the same to avoid incompatiblity. The timings are different in those RAMs you got up there even though they are from the same manufacturer and same size. One is a dual channel kit meaning it comes with 2 memory sticks for dual configuration and the other one is just a single stick. You have the dual one?

what kind of motherboard do you have? Does it support dual channel memory support? If it does, always go dual channel for better performance.

another thing...i know it's off topic, but i thought i'd give it a go since i have your attension... a friend knows a lot about computers. sasy he'll overclock mine if my cooling is good enough. what should my amd 3000 athlon (not much i know) be at? idle it's about 27c...and running call of duty, it's like 32c

Temperature wise? I'm sure it will run hotter, but not that hot depending how much he OC it.

Overclocking the Athlon 64 3000+ to 2.2GHz can improve the performance by another 7-8%. It is not only higher CPU clock frequency that contributes to the performance improvement here, but also faster memory, higher working frequencies of HyperTransport and PCI-e buses.

Back
Top Bottom