memory

i obviously knew dat,
but i jus wanted to know if the dual channel would somehow get into the picture.

not too sure on dual channel dat's why.

rebirthofham said:
i obviously knew dat,
but i jus wanted to know if the dual channel would somehow get into the picture.

not too sure on dual channel dat's why.
Do you have a motherboard manual ?
Just want to know.

It is simple maths - 256 is not as good as 512. Having two is not even going to be as good as one if the numbers were equal. Dual Channel is not going to make it that much faster - and it will help both two 128 and one 512 equally; therefore 512 is faster and better.

I'm not entirely sure what the question here is? Dual-Channel just means two channels can be sent into and out of the RAM - it doesn't care whether there is one, two, three, or four sticks in.

Dual channel NEEDS to be in pairs, if you have three sticks they will all run single channel.

If the motherboard can take all three sticks, thats your best bet. But make sure they all run at the same speed.

Indeed it does make more sense, I read between the lines and thought he must have had access to the 2x128 or 512.

speaking of memory, im selling my old 128mb pc133's on ebay, hopefully ill get hold of a better graphics card/more ram in exchange! lol

Back
Top Bottom