memory 101

But it's so true...

It's what I call the ooo and ahhh syndrome. Screw how it works just so it's pretty and plays Doom3. Untill it breaks. And 2 guesses where they come for help.

back to the original question all i do here is learn but i just logged on and read your thread. very good article.

how about this...

If you are offended you help someone and don't get a thanks for it, take note of their name and don't help them again.

if you are saddned and upset by the people that would rather show off their working computer than read about the problems of others just don't help them when they need it.

if you feel this place is so bad and unappreciative, you could always leave.

It took you 50 minutes (in the middle of the night 3AM here) to decide that not enough people had viewed your thread.

now you have 11 replies, and none of them are to do with the link you posted!...

you might think there is an ohh ahh syndrome, but far worse than the people who have spent a shed loads on their computers and want to show them off is those with a "big head syndrome" who answer every post and expect eternal gratitude for their help.

as david explained in the last thread where per complained about the way people browse the forum, tech help posts massivly out number and gallery posts, the amount of posts even outnumbers the social lounge post count by some 9,000... and there are only 6 gallery threads.
this is still very much a tech help place, where tech help is both given and recieved, many people learn a lot about computers...

and despite what you may feel about some 6 threads that are not just the same old problems and answers threads, david has said they are there to stay, why do you keep pushing the point that you don't like them?

I can see the forum is divided on this, between those with the Ohh Ahh approach, who actually have an interest in technology and what other people are using, and those with the big head approach, who want people to post their problems so they can make suggestions and look good.

My post count isn't incredibly high, but most of my posts were actually made outside of the social lounge, in the tech help, programing help, web help os discussion, hacking discussion and networking. I've never once critisised a member for not comming back with eternal gratitude... why is it that you feel the need to critisise the lack of gratitude in your signature?

I'm not sure what the problem with gallery threads are, I mean as Seti said about the gun thread yesterday, if you don't like it you can always not look at it. On the other hand, I can't look at a thread in the tech help that you have posted in without hearing your crtisism of the way the forum is browsed, and I'm not even able to read one of your posts without seeing your signature critisising people...

everyday I find myself less and less inclined to come and give help to others simply because of the people with big head syndrome thinking that they are gods gift to tech help

If you really wanted to teach people then you wouldn't just link to articles, why not set up a "GOOD" faq thread, where people can come to learn? why not take articles from many source and actually write memory 101 in very simple terms?

amen root. I've only been here for a little while but i can already see 3 attitudes learners...helpers...and losers those who want to learn ...those who help...and those who come here and just whine because they don't get what they want.

Back
Top Bottom