mem problem

sk8er86323

Baseband Member
ok well heres the deal i just got my new memory for my computer it is 2 1g sticks or ram and on my computer i dont think both sticks are working it shows up that i have both of them installed on my bios screen and also shows up on my cpu-z program but like on my task manager it says i only have 1g and also when i go to my computer and open proportys it say i only have 1 gig also? my computer dose not seem to run any faster considering i have had 2 512 sticks in befor and i just installed my new video card and im just seeing if anyone might know what i could try or might know what is wrong?

try just putting in 1 stick, and see if it boots up. Do that with both, one at a time and turn computer on, and see if that works. If it srarts making a weird beeping noise from your mobo when you turn it on then you'll know which stick is bad. Also whats your computer specs?

try just putting in 1 stick, and see if it boots up. Do that with both, one at a time and turn computer on, and see if that works. If it srarts making a weird beeping noise from your mobo when you turn it on then you'll know which stick is bad. Also whats your computer specs?

well the stats on my computer are a amd sempron 3400+ am2(940) 1.8 ati radion x1600pro 2 gs of g-skill ram .

Ok. Try what I said and also try memtest86+ like true folder said and hopefully you can figure out if everything is working with the ram. Also make sure they are in all the way, and are snapped in.

well i just to take them out and start my comp and they both worked. no noises andit still coms up on my task manager as only 1 gig soo idk. this is kinda getting on my nerves lol

where would i get Memtest86+ and how dose it work? i msorry i dont mean to be bugging anyone im just new to this lol

when you go into control panel, then into system, how much ram does it say you have? Should show all your basic info there.

when you go into control panel, then into system, how much ram does it say you have? Should show all your basic info there.

it says i only have 1 gig. but in my bios it says i have 2 and i did a mem system check and it ran both of them and says i had no problems. i dont know if this would be any help or anything but im also running vista. i wana take vista off and get xp but dont have a xp disk so i cant right now.

Back
Top Bottom