The Meltdown

Derby92

Baseband Member
Hey, When i boot up my pc its idle temp is 32c however sometimes its 43c or something silly!. I really dont understand, are the sensors reading wrong?, do i need a BIOS flash?. Sometimes when im running something little it even goes up to 54c. :confused:
Thanks people!
helpmesw9.jpg

helpme2eo0.jpg

You could probally do this.

start-run-msconfig- go to the start up tab and deselect any thing that you dont want and or need running.
How abotu yoru pc are the fans or vents dusty?

i had a similar problem, when i had a really cheap mdg computer, the fan got so dusty that it broke, then i found out why my computer was overheating and shutting down. I sujjest u get another fan, or stronger heatsink, cuz you mite have too little a fan.

Have you by any chance got Cool & Quiet enabled in the bios?

If so, it lowers your multiplier/voltages so when your idling on the comp, its cool and quiet, yet, if you start using it, the processor starts running at full speed, which will increase the temps.

Mine was exactly like yours but hotter, before I turned it on. Plus, I decided to get better but quieter cooling.

Whats room temps?

Plus, it seems you may need better case cooling. That hard drive is just as hot as the motherboard.

How many case fans are you running?

What case? Might have ways to improve it.

I just use some standard case,2 fans cpu at 3000rpm+,it also has a round vent in the side with a scoop inside so that the cpu can suck straight cool air from outside. But still none of you explained the random tempratures.Earlier it wouldnt go over 43c! at 100%. :S

I'm not sure about this, but does everyone think that the 3000+ should have a multiplier of 10x?

Never mind, yeah it does :p

Try first downloading this for me:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

If you have XP, it should be this download listed on the page.

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64/FX Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2

Install it, and then restart the system and go into BIOS. (Del at bootup). The program just makes Cool & Quiet work.

Enable Cool & Quiet from one of the menus, and then Save And Exit.

When the system starts up again, when the PC is at a more idle state, it'll be cooler, and when in some use, it'll still be cooler. It'll only be when your fully using it (playing games, etc), where the temps will go back up.

Try it :)

Back
Top Bottom