Medion laptops!

cb600fshornet

Fully Optimized
Good morning CF! (well, it's morning here :D)

In my never-ending quest for bargains relating to computers, I stumbled across the online shop for Medion laptops. I've only ever seen these PCs at ALDI/LIDL stores in the UK, and my experience of their general products (MP3 players etc) has been good.

Their laptops seem to be the best spec/price I've seen on the internet so far, so I've bit the bullet and gone for a £339 machine with an Intel i5 4210M, Geforce GT825M GPU, 6GB RAM and a 1TB HDD, and am currently pretty pleased with my find lol

Anyway, I was just wondering, any of you guys come across this brand before? The laptop hasn't arrived yet as I only ordered it on Friday evening, the spec is good but I suspect the build quality will be lacking for that price :rolleyes: I'll keep you all posted, and maybe post a bit of a review when it arrives and see how it performs!

Last edited:
I have some experience with Medion. It's good if you are on a budget. But you get what you pay for. I don't find the build quality to be good at all. But on the other hand price to performance ratio is the most important imho

That's exactly how I feel as well, as long as the thing doesn't fall apart then it's fine as far as I'm concerned!

It's only a 15.6 inch 1366x768 screen, but that seems quite well matched to the 825M card which I've read seems to struggle at anything above that.

Oops, never got around to that review... started studying and got way-laid...

Quick summary so far though, it's still working (much to my pleasant surprise), I put a 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD in it over the Christmas period, and I upgraded it (fresh install) to Windows 10. From pushing the power button to landing on the desktop page takes ~15 seconds, and I've had no issues with it to speak of!

Thoroughly recommended! :D

I've come across a few cases of members here with this brand of laptop and I think I may have dealt with one in the past. Whats the GPU like?

It's a bit unusual from what I can gather, it's a GeForce 825M and doesn't have much of a mention on Nvidia's site.

From some investigation it's marginally worse than an 840M, and significantly better than an 820M, and it works with standard 800M series drivers...

I love it, it's absolutely brilliant for what I use it for. The only downside is that the screen is 1366x768, sometimes I wish it was 1600x900 or even 1920x1080, but for 339 really it was an absolute bargain!

I haven't done much gaming on it at all, but I suspect it would play GTA V on low settings, and stuff like FIFA on high. Older games like San Andreas are, as you'd expect, maxed out with a good FPS.

Absolutely worth it ;)

Good to hear. :)
I have just gotten a new laptop myself... today actually.
Well, it's not exactly mine. It's from work, but i can do with it as i please and take it home with my every day.
Always glad to get new computer gear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom