Media Player Help

danby1

Solid State Member
Hi,

I had an older version of WMP installed on my computer, and I decided to upgrade and try out WMP 11. When I installed it, it gave me a notice saying that there had been errors in the installation. When I tried playing videos in WMP 11, the video would always run slower than the audio, which was annoying to watch.

So, I decided to roll back to the previous version of WMP, but after having done that, there would only be audio, and NO video, when I tried to play any types of files. I tried re-installing WMP 11, it again said there were errors in the installation, and again no video was shown when I tried playing a number of videos.

What's worse, is that this problem seems to have spread to real player as well, as there is only sound that is played when I try to play videos on that.

I installed DivX, and videos seems to work fine on that, but I would still like to fix the problems with WMP and Real Player.

Can someone please tell me what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Try using Windows Restore to go back to return your computer to a previously date before you had your problem.

Try reinstalling your audio drivers - Windows Media Player might have updated them or tweaked them.

Try another Media Player and see if the problem is the same.

As a last resort, you could check for any System Restore Points?

Wow, thanks for the quick replies.

How does one go about checking for system restore points, and from there, how would one restore it to that point?

I tried installing WMP10, and again, on every video I tried it played only audio, not video.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Then a window will show up: click restore my computer to an earlier time. Then go through the calendar to the day before you put WMP 11 up. Then select that checkpoint and click Next for that page and the next. Then the operating system will restore itself to the previous date.

Back
Top Bottom