Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2005, 05:57 PM   #21
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,438
Default Re: Media Player

Would you explain what the Great War between the Divine and the Abyss is?
__________________

__________________
Just A Guy With A Voice In His Head...
Charchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:33 PM   #22
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

The Great War between the Divine and the Abyss is simple; it is the Great Technological War of our time - between the Divine (Microsoft; Intel; nVidia; MSi and Gigabyte primarily) and the Abyss (Linux; Macintosh; AMD; ATi; Asus; Abit; Sun; Mozilla; PHP; MySQL... primarily, although there are vastly more little companies).
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,438
Default Re: Media Player

ummm ok.....
__________________
Just A Guy With A Voice In His Head...
Charchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:57 AM   #24
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Media Player

all i kno is go amd and nvidia. yeah. maybe that was stupid. but i really like amd's fx and nvidia's sli 6800. yeah. enough said.
__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:06 AM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Quote:
The Great War between the Divine and the Abyss is simple; it is the Great Technological War of our time - between the Divine (Microsoft; Intel; nVidia; MSi and Gigabyte primarily) and the Abyss (Linux; Macintosh; AMD; ATi; Asus; Abit; Sun; Mozilla; PHP; MySQL... primarily, although there are vastly more little companies).

You are the biggest fucking idiot I've known. All those companies are GOOD.

AMD owns Intel
Linux / OS-X is better then windows.. When is longhorn coming? Oh right, 2006. Well, we have new Linux releases that will be better then anything Gates can dream off.

Asus makes the best motherboards in my opinion. Mine haven't failed a single time, and they're simply awesome.

I see absolutely No problem with ATI.

What is wrong with Sun and Mozilla? Oh right, you're such a stupid Microsoft lover that you don't know how to use them, so you just complain about them all day long.

PHP is the best web lauguage out there.


Look, I've tried to stay calm with you kalthorn (and no, in my opinion, you are NOT a lord in any goddamn way) for too long. You just pretty much insulted every computer company/industry that I love. Which means you and I are about to embark on a big debate.

I've let you get away insulting these awesome companies for way too long. Bring it on. What do you have to defend them with?
__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #26
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Media Player

who me?
__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:14 AM   #27
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default Re: Media Player

no, I am refering to kalthorn.
__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:20 AM   #28
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Media Player

oh. geez. scared me a minute there. i wuz like... what did i say?
__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #29
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Media Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
You are the biggest fucking idiot I've known. All those companies are GOOD.
I didn't say they were Bad I said they are the Abyss; the enemy of anything is bad to that person; good to the enemy. Bad and good are defined by which side you are on - few people on the bad side believe their side is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
AMD owns Intel
Linux / OS-X is better then windows.. When is longhorn coming? Oh right, 2006. Well, we have new Linux releases that will be better then anything Gates can dream off.
Linux releases come everyday; its pretty hard to preach saying Windows is always needing updates when you release more versions of Linux than Windows releases in Updates - certainly more than Service Packs. What do you think these Linux Distributions are distributed for? Because they're new versions and better - same with Windows Updates.

Longhorn is coming in 2006 yeah; and we shall see how the Linux versiosn stand up to it. Mac OS X is already done for. My only hope is that Steve Jobs gets a nice place somewhere else and doesn't go down with Apple into a small media company with sole products being the G5, iPod, iTunes and Quicktime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Asus makes the best motherboards in my opinion. Mine haven't failed a single time, and they're simply awesome.
Lots of motherboard companies make motherboards which haven't failed to a huge range of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
What is wrong with Sun and Mozilla? Oh right, you're such a stupid Microsoft lover that you don't know how to use them, so you just complain about them all day long.
What's wrong with Sun... hmmm... lol - Java, Solaris, and the fact that they are against Microsoft. I do like Scott McNealy though.

What's wrong with Mozilla... yeah; lol; they're against Microsoft. Its not that I don't know how to use them, I do use them; I test my websites on Firefox as well as Internet Explorer the point is that they are the enemy for only that sole reason - they are against Microsoft and the enemy of my friend; as they say; is my enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
PHP is the best web lauguage out there.
That's an opinion some people have; some people don't. It has to be said however that the greatest and largest portals on the Web are ASP.NET Sites. CNet doesn't even use either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Look, I've tried to stay calm with you kalthorn (and no, in my opinion, you are NOT a lord in any goddamn way) for too long. You just pretty much insulted every computer company/industry that I love. Which means you and I are about to embark on a big debate.

I've let you get away insulting these awesome companies for way too long. Bring it on. What do you have to defend them with?
I never said I was Kalthorn is. I did not insult them; I said they were the enemy. Constant love and affection for Microsoft and its allies is what I use Go MSDN!
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #30
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Quote:
Linux releases come everyday; its pretty hard to preach saying Windows is always needing updates when you release more versions of Linux than Windows releases in Updates - certainly more than Service Packs. What do you think these Linux Distributions are distributed for? Because they're new versions and better - same with Windows Updates.
Here's the difference.

Windows Updates are things to patch up loopholes and bugs.
New Linux distros are OS's that have better things in them.

There is a difference.

Quote:
Longhorn is coming in 2006 yeah; and we shall see how the Linux versiosn stand up to it. Mac OS X is already done for. My only hope is that Steve Jobs gets a nice place somewhere else and doesn't go down with Apple into a small media company with sole products being the G5, iPod, iTunes and Quicktime.
What do you have against Macs? Compared to Windows, they are just as powerful. Let me guess, you're refering to some ancient Mac 9 or Mac 6? Because honestly, OS X is a very fair competetor of XP.

Quote:
Lots of motherboard companies make motherboards which haven't failed to a huge range of people.
Then what do you have against Asus?

Quote:
What's wrong with Sun... hmmm... lol - Java, Solaris, and the fact that they are against Microsoft. I do like Scott McNealy though.
Java? Seriously, Java is a hecka powerful lauguage. Have you ever accualy worked with Objects? Because it's a really neat way of programming. Solaris is a very good OS... nothing wrong with it. And what's wrong with not being with Microsoft? It's not like M$ rules anyone or anything. No one cares...


Quote:
What's wrong with Mozilla... yeah; lol; they're against Microsoft.
No they're not. You're making up stuff... they specifically said in an interview that they are NOT there to get Microsoft. They simply wanted to offer a better product then IE, and obviously, they did.

Quote:
CNet doesn't even use either.
So?

Quote:
Constant love and affection for Microsoft and its allies is what I use
No body really cares...
__________________

__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0