Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Media Computer help.

I am wanting to build a home media computer. I am willing to just buy a dell or some other brand if someone can tell me what specs to build it to. What I am looking for is a computer that will not need to buffer often or ever. I donít know much about computers so thatís why I am asking. I have no clue what to go with as far as cpu and ram. I am not going to be using it for anything other then hulu, fox od, nbc, and other big tv show web sites. I have a room with a projector and a 130 inch screen. I donít need a big hard drive or anything like that. I just need to know what I need to make it stream well and clear. I could be wrong and maybe it doesnít matter. But if anyone can help it would be great.

jwnewell001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Media Computer help.

You will need a powerful graphics card to make a nice looking picture on a screen that big.

Current Rig-I call him Q Core for short
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz|6.0GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB|1.5TB @ 7200 RPM|Sound Blaster X-Fi-Xtreme Audio|Vista Home Premium

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Media Computer help.

Yeah you will... Buffer usually has to do with network speed when streaming..but yes you'll need a very nice GPU...Your best bet is to go all out custom...but..if you dont have the time something like www.cyberpowerpc.com with a gtx 260-295 will work..
Thermaltake ARMOR/ mATX intelG33 Motherboard/4gb G.SKILL High Gaming Performance ddr2-1200/Radeon 3870 1gb edition/850w Thermaltake superduty psu

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote