Media center XP questions

kf4qhk

Baseband Member
Guys,

I recently purchased a used SUPER computer, the HP M1270N. I LOVE this thing.

Anyway, one of the reasons that I bought it, was to be able to transfer all of my old VHS tapes onto a digital hard drive. I have started that process.

I have been doing this by recording a whole tape, 6 hours, onto the comptuer while I am at work and while I am sleeping. This is allowing me to get blocks of tape onto the machine.

The problem that I have is that it essentially records the wh ole tape as 1 big file. How do I seperate it into seperate files.

For example, I want to edit all of the commercials out, and create seperate files of those (I love watching old commercials.) I also want to have a file name for each individual tv episode, movie, or newscast that I recorded off of the tv screen.

I don't want to have to sit at the comptuter and manually edit that. It would take YEARS.

iS THERE A part of MCE or a freeware downloadabvle, or even buyable, program that I can use to do that?

Also, how do I fastfoward, using the Media Center edition, more than 30 seconds at a time? I admit, I haven't looked at the remote yet, but using the fast foward on the keyboard only advances it 30 seconds at a time.

Jeremy

I do believe that Windows Movie Maker (though it might be frustrating since that program is so poorly designed) will do that for you. Other than that, I just don't know.

Yeah WMM should be on your computer already. But I tried incorporating media center files in there but it wont let me.

Back
Top Bottom